Sunday 2 August 2009

I totally forgot to post this...like, OMG!

J.R went for a booster jab last week, although when we got to the surgery we found it was actually booster jabS. Great, I thought.

I'd never 'done' a jab for J.R before, not since she was a baby and had her heel prick (but then that's hardly a needle is it?) And by 'done' I mean the whole sit-child-on-lap-and-restrain-arms procedure.
So to find out this one was a double whammy? Brilliant.
It was rather cute actually, the nurse explained to J.R that she needed to prick both her arms to stop her getting sick. In laymans terms I added that the nurse was "going to put medicine into your arms." Just to make sure.
Two nurses poised with needles, one at each arm, J.R watched with curiosity as they did their job. But that was all, she watched...and it was over.
No crying, no flinch, I swear she didn't even blink! To say we were surprised would be an understatement. I was actually starting to feel disappointed!
"When the shock wears off..." one nurse started, I stared at her blankly. "What shock?" I replied.
"Oh my gosh, sorry!" she laughed, patting me on the arm, "I'm just so used to saying that everytime y'know..."
They gave J.R a sticker. Then they let her choose another one. My eldest daughter was a star that day, although she did milk it a bit when Daddy got home...

0 comments: