Thursday 10 December 2009

A Real Birthday Treat

Aren't they beautiful!
Today after work Daddy got to the front door and the first thing he said to me?
Happy birthday? Nope.
The first thing he said to me today was "No, no no! Go into the kitchen, you can't see this." I did as I was told.
I did as I was told, there was a lot of bag rustling and fuss, and he called the girls upstairs with him.
After about ten minutes of waiting, I was then ordered to sit on the sofa. Ok.
Then, slowly but surely my family re-emerged.
First there was J.R, she came running up to me with a box of chocolates in her right hand and a bunch of pink roses in her left. "Happy birthday Mummy!" She exclaimed. It was perfect :)
Then came Baby E.M, with a card in one hand, and ANOTHER bunch of roses - white ones - in the other. I greeted her, she was excited for me...but rather interested in my chocolate too.
Then last but not least, Daddy emerged with A THIRD bunch of roses and another card. Apparently my face was a picture. I was holding three bunches of roses - pink, white and red - they were beautiful, I couldn't stop smiling. I still can't!
And tomorrow night, he's taking me out for dinner and cocktails at TGI Fridays...

0 comments: