Friday 6 November 2009

Didn't I Say I H8 Health Visitors?

So my appointment is 9.30am at the doctors surgery, I leave and drop J.R off at the school five minutes early just to be on time. And I check in and wait in the waiting room until....9:45.
What's going on?
I ask a receptionist where my HV is. "Oh she left a few minutes ago..." came the reply. You what!? "Lemme go and see if I can catch her." She says.
So I sit myself back down in the waiting room. Still waiting.
Only to be told they couldn't catch her as she'd already driven off in her car.
Another member of the team apologises on her behalf and asks if i'd like to make another appointment, I decline politely and head home grumbling after half an hour of waiting.
Stupid woman. She made this appointment herself, I watched her write it in her diary for crying out loud!
Midday: Phone rings, a familiar voice - and sounding rather sheepish.
Yep you guessed it, it's the disappearing Health Visitor.
Literally the first thing she says, "Are you very mad at me?"
Turns out, DESPITE writing Appointment in her diary, she mistook it for a Home Visit. And her excuse?
"Most mothers are too lazy to leave the house and travel to the surgery with their babies so they say: Oh can you come to me instead? So I automatically went to yours." Then she asks if I want to make another appointment with her!
"No thanks, i'm alright." I said. She sounded gutted - but that's her own fault.

0 comments: