Sunday 25 October 2009

Wow! Is it Sunday already?

I ain't gonna lie, it has been a tough one today, but for fear of sounding repetitive (Everyone's shouting at everyone else round here! Argh!!) i'm gonna go ahead and say it wasn't all bad news...
It's fast becoming tradition that when Daddy leaves for football Baby E.M plays up. BIGTIME.
That child really is the original little terror when her Daddy isn't around.
She runs from me, points her finger at me and tells me no, or just ignores me altogether! And she loves to wind her big sister up. So it's become mandatory that she takes some time out - on her own - in her room, every sunday afternoon. Mostly i've found that she gets her toys out for a bit but then goes for a nap during this time. Either way, I get some peace at last.
Meanwhile, J.R (following a stern talking to from both me and Daddy yesterday afternoon) has shown a vast improvement in her potty training today.
Whereas before she used to be uninterested and just generally too lazy. I was angry because it's a complete waste of money buying expensive Pull-Up pants for a child who can feel she is very wet, or even dirty but doesn't care!
She even got to the point of lying to us about being dirty when we asked her, just so that she didn't have to stop what she was doing and get cleaned up.
But as I said, today we've seen some really good improvement.
She's been wearing real knickers all day, is willing to tell me when she needs to go and has been for a wee on the toilet four times today, with only one accident. What a brilliant effort!
I hope you enjoyed the recipe posts this week, all for National Baking Week 2009, and maybe even tried your hand at a little baking yourself? If not, don't worry 'cos we resume normal posting again tomorrow - no more of this baking talk! (Well, not every day anyway.)
And last but not least - although this only applies if you live in the UK - I trust you turned your clocks back an hour today?
If not, I hope for your sake you didn't turn up for work an hour early this morning LOL
I'm one to talk though, I was NOT about to get up at 2am on a sunday to turn all our clocks back an hour...but then I came downstairs this morning and freaked out thinking i'd woken up at lunchtime!

0 comments: