Thursday 8 October 2009

What E.M Did.

Today my littlest girl did a wee on the potty for the first time. E.M's been showing an interest in using the potty for a while now, even before her 2nd birthday. She used to pick it up, move it around the room, sit on it, pick it up and do it all over again. But always fully clothed - she's never sat on it without a nappy on. So since J.R started back at pre-school i've been using some of the time to get E.M started on potty training...
A lot earlier than J.R I know, but then younger siblings tend to show interest in potty training at an younger age having seen their older brother or sister go through it.
So E.M spent her afternoons, sitting nappy-less on a pink potty in my front room, watching TV. But nothing happened. So I started on the books.
I gave her a couple, we read them together, talked about them, then I left them with her and she would quite happily sit there - reading on the potty. And tonight, after about 15 minutes we finally got a result, a wee wee! We went crazy with praise for her, you should've seen her face when she saw what she'd done. She looked as surprised as we did!

0 comments: