Saturday 3 October 2009

Just Me, Mum & A Couple Of Doogies

My dad and brother are in London on a business thing for a few days, meaning my mum is home alone.
So today I spent the day with her.
My girls stayed at home with their Daddy while I went to my parents house. I haven't actually been over there for quite a long time now (because of the Chickenpox episode etc.) and it made a nice change. It certainly looked like the dogs missed me!

What a wonderful greeting :)
I did miss those two naughties. Lady wanted my attention for a good part of the day, even Blossom, (she's quite a shy and nervous character who doesn't very often approach you unless she really trusts you) kept bringing their toys over and we had several Tug-of-War's and a great game of 'Hunter'!
Me and mum spent time chatting and catching up on all the gossip...
Mum insisted we bake a cake while I was here, it was a ready mix Marble cake, she thought it looked gorgeous - even BEFORE we put it in the oven!

And though it wasn't perfect, it tasted damn good.
We had lunch and dinner together, watched a couple of films and did some work on the computer until it got late. At around 11.30pm I called it a day (with so little of it left!) and got a taxi back to mine.
My dad and brother are due to arrive home later tonight.

0 comments: