Friday 16 October 2009

E.M's 2 Year Check-Up & J.R Gets Chickenpox

Just out of the blue yesterday I received a phone call from one our local Health Visitors, to inform me that E.M was due for her 2 Year Check-Up - I see they still have a one month backlog then, since it is October now - so I made an appointment for today.
E.M is usually VERY shy and nervous when it comes to people she doesn't know, often clinging to me and 'crying', and this morning was no exception.
I have to admit that on our way to the appointment I was already wondering how much we'd get done, since the whole check-up generally takes about 30-40 mins, I was just waiting for the words: "How about we re-schedule?" As if re-schelduling the appointment would make E.M behave any better...
As expected, E.M was fine in the waiting room, it was when the HV's started talking to us that she got silly. She clung to me, refusing to look at them, she forced out those crocodile tears and she answered every question with a "Noo."
So the HV's decided that they would go through the question/answer parts of the check-up with me then and there, but leave the practical parts until next week when they would come to our house - in the hope that J.R (being the enthusiastic one of the two) would take part, encouraging her little sister to do the same...We'll see!

Meanwhile, J.R has at last caught Chickenpox.
It all started yesterday morning when she got up, I noticed she had a strange round cut on her bottom lip, and it wasn't scabbing over. So when we got to pre-school I asked the manager to take a look and just keep an eye on it for me during the course of the day.
She did, but in the end dismissed it as a cold sore saying they behaved in a similar way. But today it's really looking like a Pox.
It's opened up, started to yellow and scab over slightly, with the skin around it peeling. Plus J.R has another suspicious looking spot on her chin, which looks like it's gonna break through very soon...

0 comments: