Thursday 17 September 2009

My Baby Has Come Out In Chickenpox The Day Before Her Birthday :(

My poor boo...

On Monday she started showing signs of feeling generally unwell, she was off her food and had a fever. Yesterday she had a few little red spots on her face, but they looked like normal spots, nothing special.
This morning when she woke up they weren't spots anymore, they were big ol' blisters and I spotted them straight away.
I got onto the NHS Direct website to see if I could identify the symptoms.
By 10am we'd seen the doctor who confirmed it was Chickenpox. N'oh dear.
Hasn't dampened her spirits too much at the moment, she still has bursts of playful energy once in a while. (See picture) Until it becomes too much and she gets irritable, needs to lie back down on the sofa and watch TV. I suppose it's only gonna get worse from here then...
Anyway, i'll keep you updated on how she's doing.

0 comments: