Tuesday 15 September 2009

It's Gonna Be One Of Those Days

For some unknown reason, I woke up at 2am.
And the harder I tried to get back to sleep the more difficult it became - everything kept me awake. The ticking of the clock, the slam of the neighbours front gate, even the wind blowing through the trees! I was tossing and turning until almost 4am when I finally dozed off again.
To wake up, at 9.30am. Oh brilliant.
Mad rush for breakfast (fed the girls, but not myself as usual) and 60mph with the iron to get everyone's clothes done. Bundle everyone out the door by 9:50, which I think was pretty damn good for us...nope, hang on - it's raining.
Really raining.
Bundle everyone back into the house again and throw raincoats on. Back out the door and at the school by 10am. Hang J.R's bag and coat up on her peg, when the manager walks past taking some children to the bathroom, apologise for being late and tell her:
"It looks like it's gonna be one of those days..."
She could probably tell from my ever so slightly dishevelled appearance that I genuinely meant what I said. "Aw no worries hun." She said cheerfully and carried on her way. Take J.R into the hall when she suddenly decides to clamp onto my leg like a dead weight. She puts on her 'poor me' face and whinges and whines, trying desperately to squeeze a tear out. I quickly go through all the tactics, reasoning, bribery...and nothing seems to be working.
But then J.R comes out with, "I'm tired."
"You're tired!" I replied, "Then why don't you go and sit in the book corner with a nice cushion and rest?"
"Ok." she says and just like that, makes her way over. Just then I look up to see two members of staff had been watching J.R's little performance.
I smile and shrug my shoulders, "That sorted it!" I said out loud to them, quite proud of myself for a moment there.
Then I turn to walk off, slip and fall flat on my face.

0 comments: