Thursday 17 September 2009

Baby E.M + Chickenpox: Day 1

Ok, I admit it, I put socks on her hands. I'd already clipped her fingernails and it was the best thing I could come up with! The fever has died down now, so instead of giving her Calpol, i'm giving her Piriton syrup (which helps ease the itching) and treating the actual blisters with a gel I bought this morning called Virasoothe for chickenpox. Apparently it's new out, and it's doing the job pretty well, even though the blisters appear and grow in size really quickly.
Since this morning the number of blisters on E.M's face has changed quite dramatically, she's gone from having barely two on her chin, to five or six blisters spread across her cheeks within just a few hours. But because of the medicine, she doesn't seem to be irritated by them and that's the main thing.

0 comments: