Wednesday 19 August 2009

Television - Good or Evil?

Sometimes I wonder if our lives would be better if we got rid of our televisions.
Could this family actually make it through a day without tv? Well, that would certainly depend on what day it was. I mean monday's, tuesday's, thursday's and friday's are a NO because Eastenders is on and I absolutely cannot miss that...And when I somehow do (for whatever reason) I sit down that night and catch up using BBC IPlayer - but that's still television, just a smaller screen. I guess I could read about that week in the tv guide, but what fun would that be? But, I digress. Television has certainly evolved over the years. We started off watching in black and white, then we had the four standard channels (wasn't it called terrestrial or something?) and now we have satellite, cable, Sky+...you can pause and rewind live tv! And record without a video! Yeah...but back to my original question - is TV good or evil? I don't really think it's either, but I would love to know your opinion. Also, what programmes could you absolutely not do without?
In our house the television is on most of the day but that's because we switch from children's channels to regular channels to the radio channels. So it tends to serve as background entertainment.
Have a think...How much tv do you allow your kids to watch?
Mine certainly don't sit in front of the tv for hours...I mean that would make me a bad mother, right?

0 comments: