Wednesday 25 March 2009

"The Childcare Website" Rant

If you've ever been seller at a car-boot sale and had people literally all over your car and hounding you as you're trying to set up, you'll know how this feels...
Signed up with a childcare website which helps parents to find prospective childcare locally. You set up a profile for yourself, outlining your needs, the number of children you have and their ages and browse the profiles of babysitters in and around your area. Well that's the idea anyway...
How it really works is you set up a profile for yourself, stating all the necessary information (and in my case i'm looking for An Occasional Babysitter), then babysitters and nannies hound me asking when I want them to start and how many children I have.
Obviously haven't even read the profile!
And nannies? I'm not even looking for a nanny!!
But they're telling me they can start in a couple of weeks and how much they charge.
And I get about 3 of these messages every day - I joined in Feb and they're still coming! Leave me alone!

0 comments: